How To Make A Lamp Cordless? – Essential Guide
When you’re afraid of the dark, lamps are what we can depend on. But if you keep tripping from the cord, don’t you think it’s worse than a nightmare? In this article, you will learn how to make a lamp cordless. So if you want to say goodbye to head bumps and injuries, keep reading.
Advantages of a Cordless Lamp
Of course, you wouldn’t ask how to make a lamp cordless if you don’t know about its advantage right. Having a cordless lamp is efficient especially if you have kids at home. Kids are attracted to the sockets that is why whenever they see unplugged cords, they try to plug them. We all know it is not safe for them for it can cause electrocution.
Aside from that, cords are an invitation to trips and injuries. If a lamp is cordless, you don’t need to worry about the plugs and sockets. Plus, the cords will not add to the mess on the floor. So there is no eyesore! You don’t need to hide them under the carpet, hooks, behind the furniture, and more. Also, they are battery operated so they can be used even when there is a power interruption. If you are to describe a cordless lamp, hustle-free is the term!
Steps in Making a Lamp Cordless
Making a lamp cordless is easy. You don’t need to be professional to do this. Just prepare the materials and follow the instructions below. You must be excited now to know how to make a lamp cordless, so here’s how:
What you need:
- Wire cutter
- Solder iron
- Battery clip for 8 AA battery
- Rechargeable or non-rechargeable 8 AA batteries
- Electric tap
What to do:
- Turn the lamp upside down.
- Peel off the felt paper.
- After peeling the felt paper cover off, you will see the metal collar and wire inside.
- Cut the cord of the lamp and leave at least 8-inches.
- Split the wire.
- Peel off the insulation on the end of each wire (at least ½ inch).
- Match the wires from red to red and black to black.
- Join the same color by twisting their ends together.
- Secure the exposed wires with electric tape.
- Put in the battery case.
- Connect the wire to the battery case. Red for the positive and black for negative.
- Place the batteries inside.
- Cover the bottom part.
- Try the lamp.
When you have a guest or restless kid at home, lamps with cord aren’t good to use. Aside from they give eyesore, they can also pose danger to us and to our loved ones. Who would want to trip or slide and hit their head, right? That is why it would be better if we use cordless lamps. And now that we have given you tips on how to make a lamp cordless, you don’t need to buy one. All you need to do is prepare the materials needed and accurately follow the instructions. What’s good about having a cordless lamp is you can use them when it is brownout. You don’t need to place it near the socket because it is battery operated!