How To Make A Cloud Lamp: DIY Steps
One of the reasons why sceneries are relaxing is because of the clouds. No wonder why they are often regarded in paintings, arts, and some makers even use it as a model for their product. We bet you saw the trending cloud lamps now and wondering where you can get them. In this article, you don’t need to buy one because you learn how to make a cloud lamp!
The Goodness in Cloud Lamps
A lot of you may be wondering how to make a cloud lamp because it gives relaxation in the mind and sight. Having a cloud lamp will give a gorgeous look on your room as well as an ultra-calming glow.
People with insomnia can use this type of light to sleep faster. It is also good for children because it helps boost their creativity, imagination, and helps them focus.
Cloud lamps can be so ethereal, no wonder they are now a trend. You can see them during pajama parties, in the children’s room, nursery, café, and more.
Cloud lamps are not hard to make. Just follow the steps below and you’ll know how to make a cloud lamp!
What you need:
- Pendant lamp (you can choose from off-white or colored)
- (2) pcs of 12cm Styrofoam balls
- Glue gun
- Glue stick
- Cable ties
- (4) Screw hooks
- Battery operated LED string lights
What to do:
- Plug the glue gun.
- Put the glue stick inside.
- Screw-in the hook on every Styrofoam ball.
- Secure the hooks in place by putting hot glue around the hook.
- Glue both Styrofoam balls on the side of the pendant lamp.
- Cover the pendant lamp and Styrofoam ball with the fiberfill by putting glue on the surface and sticking the fiberfill.
- Note that you need to stick it randomly or not in a uniform size to achieve a fluffy look.
- Affix the screw hook to the ceiling.
- Inside the pendant lamp, install the LED string lights and secure them in place with cable ties.
- Hang the cloud lamp.
- Turn off the lights inside your room.
- Test your cloud lamp.
The clouds that float in the sky are so appealing to our eyes. Their appearance and size never fail to amaze us. That is why they are highly regarded in arts and stuff. One of the trending materials in the market now is the cloud lamp. It works like a lampshade but, in an ethereal way.
And since we have given you tips on how to make a cloud lamp, you don’t need to buy the expensive ones for you can make your own! What’s good about this DIY project for cloud lamps is that the materials needed are easy to provide. You can add your personal touch to make it look more unique and more relaxing with its glow.