How Tall Should Nightstand Lamps Be
Sleeping at night can be complicated if you can’t sleep with the lights turned off. However, this becomes a problem when the light is too close or too far from you. So, to help you with your problem, we will teach you in this article how tall nightstand lamps should be.
When the Height is Wrong
It is easy to know if the height of your night lamp isn’t right. First, you will notice that the lamp shines above your head. Second, if the light produced by your lamp directly hits your eyes. If this continues, you can expect headaches and sleep disturbances.
It can also affect your posture as you sleep because even if you are not aware, your body will respond by looking for a convenient position. That is why you feel the neck, joints, and muscle pain the moment you wake up. Don’t you think these reasons are enough to ask - how tall should nightstand lamps be?
Getting the Ideal Height
You might be wondering how tall nightstand lamps should be if you start to experience headaches and other sleep discomforts at nighttime. To help you get the ideal height of your night lamp, follow the procedures below.
What you need to do:
- Check the current position of your lamp
- See if your lamp is leveled with your bed mattress
- The distance of your lamp to your bed is based on your arms reach
- Get a measuring tape
- Make sure that the stand of your lamp is 24 inches tall
- Now the lamp, adding the height of your stand, should be 27-inches.
- Next, turn off the lights in your room except for the lamp
- Lay in your bed and check if you’re comfortable with it
- If you are not yet comfortable, you can adjust the height to 28 -inches
Qualities of a Good Lamp
You already know how tall should nightstand lamps be. So this time, we will help you choose the best lamp for your bedroom based on qualities. Knowing this will not just let you get the best lamp but also the one that helps you get a better sleep at night.
- Choose colored lampshades rather than the off-white to promote a relaxing vibe in your room.
- The body of the lamp should not be too thick nor too thin.
- As for the width, it should not double the height of the lamp.
- Choose the one with light-saving features.
- Choose the one that passed the safety standards.
Sleep is our way of refreshing our bodies. But if you don’t get this because of your lamp, you’re only option is whether you get rid of it or do something about it. It is not economical to choose to get rid of it, that is why it would be better if you know how tall nightstand lamps should be to avoid your problem at night. And now that you know how there is no reason for you to feel the discomfort again and say hello to a better sleep.