Do Salt Lamps Melt: A Guide For New Users
The trend on wellness has taken an all-time high because of the focus on well-being and holistic health. People are switching to organic lifestyles, employing a holistic approach to health from essential oils to healing crystals. The Himalayan salt lamp is not an exception. What are salt lamps for? Do salt lamps melt? We will answer these questions below.
A Beginner's Guide To Salt Lamps
These trendy salt lamps are beautiful decorative pieces for your home. They look like crystals and are said to offer numerous health benefits. But which of those are true? Do salt lamps melt when lamps are left on the whole time? Let's find out.
Uses And Benefits Of Himalayan Salt Lamps
Holistic health practices like the use of salt lamps can rouse an endless debate. That aside, let's look at why these salt lamps have become so trendy nowadays.
- They look beautiful! The warm light against the crystal-like blocks of salt looks magical, making them perfect ornamental pieces.
- Salt lamps are reported to improve air quality.
- This belief is based on an ancient practice in which people who experience respiratory problems spend time in salt caves for relief.
- Salt lamps are said to improve the mood.
- Because of air ionization, people are said to have better moods because of the exposure to negative ions.
- Salt lamps can aid in sleep. The warm and relaxing light produced by the Himalayan salt lamp creates a better sleep environment.
Caring For Your Salt Lamp
Now that we know salt lamps can be both beautiful and beneficial let's look at some tips on how to care for a Himalayan salt lamp.
Do salt lamps melt?
When salt lamps start leaking water, don't fret! This sweating or leaking is caused by the salt lamp absorbing moisture in a humid environment.
How to prevent this:
- keep the salt lamps on all the time except when leaving the house. This way, the salts are kept dry.
- do not leave your salt lamp in humid areas like the bathroom or the basement.
- do not place your salt lamps in an area where it can come in direct contact with water.
- wipe the moisture or 'sweating' away with a dry, lint-free cloth.
- air dry your Himalayan salt lamp occasionally after wiping it with a dry cloth.
- If you need to leave your salt lamp off for extended periods, store it in a bag, so it does not sweat.
NOTE: Do not immerse salt lamps in water. Otherwise, they will surely melt.
There are many Himalayan salt lamps in the market. To ensure you're purchasing a salt lamp sourced from Khewra Salt Mine, Pakistan, you should get your salt lamp from a reliable manufacturer.
Salt lamps are an interesting addition to the home. Besides its natural benefits, they also provide a warm, calming light that's perfect for relaxation. So, do salt lamps melt? Like regular salt, they only dissolve when submerged in water. Stop worrying and get your salt lamp now!